Crawford Building Network Migration
The Crawford Building will be migrated across to the new network on Thu 15 Jun. The following areas will be affected at the times below:
- 07:00 – 12:00 | North west of building
- 07:00 – 10:00 | North east of building
- 13:00 – 18:00 | South of building
You may find your device becomes active prior to the completion time if situated in this building on the day. If this does occur, your network service should still be considered ‘at risk’ up until 18:00 on Thu.
There will be no access to the wired and wifi network (inc internet access) in these areas at the indicated times. Migrations will affect all client devices such as PCs and laptops, printers, building management systems etc connected to the University network.
Follow the guidance below to re-establish your computers’ wired connection afterwards:
- Unmanaged computers
- Managed computers (e.g. Staff Desktop)
- Take no action for these devices post-migration. They should automatically connect to the new wired network, but may need to be rebooted if they have been switched on throughout the change.
If you need a refresh on how to connect your device to the new wifi (eduroam), visit the Get Connected website page for students and staff.
Reporting issues / getting help
Please contact the IT Service Desk via Help4U once the work is complete (ref C1705-057).
All Crawford activities will run on the University’s new, next-generation network following successful migration.
Read more about this project on the Network Refresh Blog.