Mackenzie and TASC Network Migrations
The Mackenzie Building and TASC (TAyside Medical Science Centre) at our Ninewells campus will be migrated across to the new network on Tue 21 – Fri 24 Aug (07:00-18:00). The following areas will be affected at the times below:
- Mackenzie Building
- Expect disruption all day Tue 21 Aug – phones and internet access should be restored by close of day
- Work will continue on Wed 22 – Fri 24 to restore connectivity to anything that needs extra help to get back online
- Expect disruption all day Wed 22 Aug – phones and internet access should be restored by close of day
- Work will continue on Thu 23 – Fri 24 to restore connectivity to anything that needs extra help to get back online
There will be no internet access in these areas on the specific days indicated above. Migrations will affect all client devices such as PCs, laptops, printers, desk phones, building management systems etc. connected to the University network.
You may find your device becomes active prior to the completion time. If this does occur, your network service should still be considered at risk up until 18:00 on Fri 24.
Whilst the replacement of the network equipment should be completed by Fri evening, some devices (such as printers etc.) may need further configuration afterwards. Work to update such devices will be carried out on subsequent days if required.
Follow the guidance below to re-establish your computers’ wired (ethernet) connection afterwards:
- Unmanaged computers
You will need to enable 802.1x authentication on your wired network connection post-migration. Go to the IT webpage to source the instructions you need.
- Managed computers (Staff Desktops)
Take no action for these devices post-migration. They should automatically connect to the new wired network but may need to be rebooted if they have been switched on throughout the change.
- UoD_WiFi will disappear in these areas. Connect to eduroam wifi using your full username (email@example.com) thereafter.
Reporting issues/getting help
Please contact the Service Desk online or by phone on extension 88000 once the work is complete.
Read more about this project on the Network Refresh webpage.