We are continuing to investigate a number of Staff, that are affected by an issue with Microsoft Office which is manifesting itself in one or more ways (or a combination):
- When saving files the following error message appears
- Office is hanging (unusable) for a period of minutes
- Unable to Attach Files to Email / Save Files from Email
What are we doing to resolve these issues?
We have a dedicated team of IT support engineers who are analysing the issue.
What can you do to help?
Applying the following is resolving the issue for affected users:
Open Office Applications: File -> Options -> Save -> Default local file location:
Change to read H:\
Disable Box Add-in from running at startup
- In the run/search box from the Start menu, type “winword.exe /a” (this will load Word without any add-ins running)
- Open a blank document
- Click File
- Click Options
- Click Add-ins
- At the bottom of the window, choose “COM Add-ins” from the drop down menu and click Go
- Remove the tick from the “Box.Word.AddIn” and click OK.
- Exit and restart Word, it will now load without the Box Add in running
This will only work for the user logged in at the time. Also, it will need done for Word, Excel, PowerPoint separately.
If you are comfortable doing this yourself please do, if not please log a call and we will allocate a technician to assist
Please ask colleagues to touch to let us know if they are also being affected by this and haven’t contacted the Service Desk already.
We appreciate your cooperation and support and assure you we are working with all technology partners to resolve this this issue.