Various Wifi Network Migrations
The schedule of where we will be introducing the new wifi over the next few weeks is as follows:
- Tue 22 Aug | Fulton Building
- Wed 23 Aug | Old Medical School Building
- Thu 24 Aug | Queen Mother Building
- Tue 29 Aug | Carnelley Building
- Wed 30 Aug | Ewing Building
- Thu 31 Aug | Kirkcaldy Teaching Block
How will it affect me?
The wifi migration will start at 08:00 in each of the buildings on its allocated day, at which point the:
- Existing wireless (UoD_WiFi) will be switched off
- No internet connection via wifi will be available for devices to connect to
- Over the next 4 hours, the new wifi will be switched on in small batches
- Some areas will become available prior to others
This means that wifi should be considered unavailable for the 4 hour period and at risk for the rest of the day.
You will need to re-connect any devices that were using UoD_WiFi to eduroam. Details of how to do this can be found on the IT Get Connected webpage.
The work will not affect the operation of the wired network (via ethernet cable). Any devices connected to this network should not experience any loss of service.
Reporting issues / getting help
Please contact the IT Service Desk via Help4U once the work is complete.
We will return to these buildings to upgrade the wired network in the near future.
Read more about this project on the Network Refresh Blog.