Received a Spam or Phishing Message??
Received a junk or phishing email?
Follow our guidance below to flag these messages to Microsoft directly:
Submit junk messages in Outlook on the web
To submit a junk mail message to Microsoft:
1. Click on the junk message and then click Junk on the toolbar. This moves the message to your Junk email folder and adds the sender to your blocked sender list.
2. A dialog box opens asking if you want to send a copy of the junk email message to Microsoft for analysis. Click report to send the message to the Microsoft Spam Analysis Team. Optionally, select the Don’t show me this message again check box if you want to automatically submit future junk messages to Microsoft without being prompted.
Submit phishing scam messages in Outlook on the web
To submit a phishing scam message to Microsoft:
Click on the phishing scam message, click the down arrow next to Junk, and then click Phishing on the toolbar. Office 365 does not block the sender because senders of phishing scam messages typically impersonate legitimate senders. If you prefer, add the sender to your blocked senders list by following the instructions in the topic Block or allow
To submit a junk or phishing scam message to Microsoft using an email programme
1. Create a new, blank email in your email program (Outlook, Mail,
2. Address the email to the Microsoft team that reviews messages as
• For junk messages, address your email to
• For phishing scam messages, address your email to
3. Copy and paste the junk or phishing scam message into that email (as
an attachment).You can attach multiple messages to the email if you
want to. Make sure all the messages are the same type – either
phishing scam messages or junk email messages.
Leave the body of the new message empty.
4. Click Send