As of the Tue 10 Oct, Microsoft will no longer offer support for Office 2011 on Mac (e.g. Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Outlook etc). If you are using this version on your managed PC, please uninstall it and upgrade to 2016 so you continue to receive security updates.
How do I upgrade to 2016?
- Go to the Self Service window on your Mac desktop.
- Click the Common/Optional category
- Click Install next to Microsoft Office 2016
If you are unable to install this, it may mean that your PC is over 9 years old and cannot run the new update. If this is the case, we would recommend that your device be replaced and that you contact your manager or department head to discuss this.
Uninstalling Microsoft 2011
It is important that you remove the older software, as it is considered vulnerable.
- Go to the Self Service window on your Mac desktop
- Click the Maintenance category
- Uninstall Microsoft 2011
If you would like further support when upgrading, please contact Help4U.
Training on how to best use the software
Various OPD courses are available or you can visit Lynda.com.